To live your faith in the Trinity takes a great deal of courage.
The 'world' or the culture that is dominate admires strength and importance, self-sufficiency, holding on and independence.
To live our lives in Trinity, means we are living in freedom and living in love.
It means that you are able to see God everywhere, and to trust in the mystery of our Trinitarian God.
If you are living in the Trinity you can see as Jesus saw, you can see God in everyone you meet, especially those who are different.
Mother Theresa was a great example of how you can live in Trinity and she explained it like this:
“Seeking the face of God in everything, everyone, all the time, and his hand in every happening;
This is what it means to be contemplative in the heart of the world.
Seeing and adoring the presence of Jesus, especially in the lowly appearance of bread, and in the distressing disguise of the poor.”
Challenge yourself to live in Trinity this week, live in love allowing yourself to be vulnerable and to seek out the God in those you meet.
Look for God in:
- the annoying kid at school who always has to be in control
- the brother or sister who doesn't want to share their things
- the grumpy neighbour who lives in your street and always complains
- the person on the bus who smells like they haven't had a shower in weeks
- the kid on the other team who is ultra competitive and can't win or loose nicely