See, Judge, Act
Every day we make thousands of choices. Being a Catholic, living Jesus' message, requires that we view these choices through a lense of Social Justice.
To deal with these choices the Church encourages you to use this method called See, Judge and Act.
As a family, do you see injustice in your community or a need that you can act on?
Consider things like:
- a neighbour that no-one likes who might love a visit
- a crossover too uneven for a wheelchair
- an agency that needs food, clothing or goods
- rubbish that has been lying around that no-one is picking up
- someone in your neighbourhood that is looking for work, company, food
- a community facility that is being closed to cut costs
- workers that are working in unfair situations
- unjust disposal of rubbish and waste
- the thoughtless use of earth's gifts
- a community garden
- look for ways to engage the elderly with the youth
- standing up for discrimination or bullying
- writing a letter to council or government about a policy that contributes to oppression for some people in society
- make a stand for peaceful ways to solve conflicts
Download the activity sheet that you can complete together.